VR Update 3 — More than just shooters
I bought VR for games, particularly for shooters.
I was not looking at anything else. I did get the experience, which is awesome.
However, as I spent more time in VR, I realized it would not be just for shooters.
Games like Superhot, Beat Saber and even some fitness games are a lot of fun also.
I do not want to say it, but they could be more fun and engaging than the shooters.
And they bring more exercises as well, which was also a reason for me to go into VR.
But it did not just stop there.
Watching videos and movies in VR also blew my mind.
With Apps like BigScreen VR, I could literally feel I am in a big IMAX cinema, probably better.
- No need to purchase the ticket
- No need to wait for the timing
- No need to queue to enter the cinema
- No noisy or moving people
- No more uncomfortable seats in some cinemas
- No risk of catching Covid from the guy/girl next door
- I can pick any seat I want
- I can play the movie of my choice
- I can go back and re-watch what I have missed
- I can lie down on my bed
- I can even watch 3D movies
- You can watch the same movie with your friends in their “Room” or “Yours”
Who the hell needs to go to a real cinema again?
But seriously, the Oculus Quest 2 is so unfriendly to people who wear glasses.
I need to get the prescription inserts.
I have just been lazy to get my eye-sight measured. But that has become so clear that it is a must-have.